Debating teams are based on both campuses and compete regularly against other schools.
M.A.D. – Mount Waverley Association of Debaters
The M.A.D. captain assists with helping raise the profile of public speaking and debating in the college.
The captain is a Year 12 student, elected by the debating teams from Years 9 to 12.
- an experienced debater
- articulate and well spoken
- committed to all attending meetings and interschool competitions
The student assists with
- the organisation and planning of debates at all levels
- helps students with debating skills and techniques
- assists with the staff v student debate in term three, including choosing the topic, advertising and choosing teams