Parents have many opportunities to contribute to the life of Mount Waverley Secondary College, including:
- participation in College Council and its sub-committees
- joining the Parent and Friends Association (PFA)
- attending working bees (one each term)
- attending parent-teacher-student interviews
- offering assistance to the library
- sports coaching or acting as an official at sports events
- making a financial contribution
- hosting overseas students from our German and Japanese sister schools
- providing homestay for international students
- attending music performances and college production
- supporting the annual college Art Festival
Parent and Friends Association (PFA)
The Parents and Friends Association offers parents the opportunity to become involved in the life of the school. The PFA supports the school through fundraising activities such as the second hand book sale and college raffle. They are also involved with supporting a number of school events.
The group holds regular meetings to enable parents to discuss how they can support the college. A PFA report is tabled at each meeting of the School Council. Details of meetings and forthcoming events can be found in the fortnightly school newsletter.