COVID-19 Parent Information and Links
If your child is not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, they can continue to attend school, but you should monitor for symptoms.
If your child does show symptoms of COVID-19, they can NOT attend school and should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result.
If your child returns a positive result:
- Your child must quarantine for seven days
- Please advise the school about the positive result
- Your child must stay home until their symptoms have resolved and they are well
- Everyone in your household is a close contact and must isolate for 7 days
- For information on symptoms visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/symptoms-and-risks.
- You must also report your child’s positive test to the Department of Health via the COVID-19 Positive Rapid Antigen Test Self-Reporting Form or call centre on 1800 675 398.
- Information about COVID-19 Vaccination for children and teenagers: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaccination-information-children-and-teenagers
- For practical tips on managing covid-19 at home: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/managing-covid-19-home
- Information about how to do a test and how to read RAT results, including a how-to video translated into 33 languages, is available online.
- For general advice and support please call the Department of Education and Training COVID-19 hotline on 1800 338 663
- Advice and further resources about what to do if you test positive to COVID-19, or you have been told you are a contact, are at: Your COVID Checklist | Coronavirus Victoria, or call the 24/7 Coronavirus hotline on: 1800 675 398
Further information for languages other than English
- For school information in languages other than English, call TIS National on 131 450.
- For translated written information about COVID-19, please visit: Translated information about COVID-19 | Coronavirus Victoria.
- Please ask them to call the DET COVID-19 hotline on 1800 338 663and they will help interpret.
- For health advice in languages other than English, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-information-about-coronavirus-covid-19
Financial support available to people affected by COVID-19:
For more information, visit: Financial and other support for COVID-19 | Coronavirus Victoria
If you need a payment during coronavirus (COVID-19) – Getting help during coronavirus (COVID-19) – Services Australia