Welcome back to Term 3
Welcome back to all students and parents to our second semester of learning for the year. It was fantastic to welcome our Middle School students back on campus after the break. Student were settling in well which was pleasing to see.
With the move into lockdown happening rapidly, I would like thanks students and parents for their flexible approach. Once again students have shown high levels of resilience and have engaged well in the online environment.
We look forward to welcoming back on site in not to distant future, where we will again connect in classrooms for face to face for learning.
Across the holiday period the ICT and Facilities Teams were busy improving the college.
The ICT Works undertaken included:
- Data points and phones upgrades
- Supporting SC Staff room upgrade
- Server maintenance
- Old ICT equipment to IT recyclers
- Projector maintenance
- Reimaging computers
- Firewall maintenance
- Install Security Cameras
The Facilities Team work on a wide range of tasks as outlined below:
- Refurbishing the SC Staffroom
- Cocoon Roof on both the SC – Music Centre and Library installed
- Creation of wellbeing offices in LA61 on JC
- Landscaping works near JC Woodwork Room
- Fixing locks on doors and windows across both sites
- Moving furniture between rooms and clearing out old furniture
- Maintenance on air conditioners and heaters
- Liaising with contractors doing investigations for the STEAM Centre
Thank you to our ICT and Maintenance Teams for their work.
Work on the STEAM Centre is continuing at rapid rate. All documentation for tendering is currently being worked on with our architects, BKK, and project managers, Johnstaff, as well as the VSBA. The start of tendering process is not far away, which means we are getting closer to the start of the building phase later this year.
Mr Ian MacLeod
Campus Principal – Middle School