Welcome back to Term 2
Welcome back to all students and parents to our second term of learning for the year. This term always proves to be a busy term with sport, excursions, production rehearsals to name a few of the things that will be happening across this term in the middle school. Our Year 9 students will be undertaking NAPLAN testing in May and our Year 10s will have a week of Work Experience later in the the term. Students in both Year 9 and 10 will have exams towards the latter part of the term and will receive a semester report, which will provide an indication of their progress and also help with future learning.
Could I please remind parents/carers to log any student absence on Compass as soon as is practical. Compass is set up to send a message each morning at 10:45 am to the families of those students who are absent without notice. If you have any questions relating to attendance please call the General Office on the Senior Campus 9803 6811 to discuss.
Across the holiday period the ICT and Facilities Teams were busy improving the college.
The ICT Works undertaken included:
- Updating switches and cabling
- Upgrading our Internet Router
- Firewall maintenance
- Imaging classroom computers
- Projector maintenance and screen replacement
- Deployment of new printers
- Updating Papercut
- Clickview maintenance works
The Facilities Team work on a wide range of tasks as outlined below:
- Painting on both campuses including Year 8 Locker and SC Hall Foyer
- Gutters cleaned on both campuses
- Annual tree audit completed with work to follow
- Glass replacement in selected rooms
- Improved access to SC Oval via Staff Carpark for emergency evacuations including concreting and bollards
- Fixing locks on doors and windows across both sites
- Moving furniture between rooms and clearing out old furniture
Thank you to our ICT and Maintenance Teams for their work.
Work has continued across the holidays, with the painting and coating of the deck the last work that needs to be completed. Handover is scheduled for early May.
Design work on the STEAM Centre is continuing as we move into the detailed design which is exciting as we see how each room and the building itself will function. Meetings with BKK Architects, project managers Johnstaff as well as VSBA and regional staff alongside a team from Mount Waverley will continue to ensure we meet our future teaching and learning needs in the STEAM disciplines.
Mr Ian MacLeod
Campus Principal – Middle School