Japanese Sister School Exchange Program 2017
Osaka Minami SHS Students’ visiting: Saturday 21 October – Wednesday 25 October 2017
We are pleased to announce that in October this year, 80 students from Minami Senior High School, our sister school in Osaka, will be coming to Australia. As a result we urgently need to arrange families to host the students for 4 nights.
Over the past twenty years the friendship between Mount Waverley Secondary College and Minami has been built on support by families like yours and we appreciate that you continue to make a difference to our valuable educational program. Many previous host families have developed lasting connections with Japanese visitors, and students have experienced fantastic opportunities to develop their language skills.
The group will arrive in Melbourne on Saturday 21 October and will stay with their host families for 4 nights. They will depart from Mount Waverley Secondary College Senior Campus on Wednesday 25 October.
Things you need to know:
- Minami students will need to be collected from the College’s Senior Campus hall on the morning of Saturday 21 October
- Our visitors are from a top English specialty school
- No expensive outings are required – everyday family life is most appreciated
- Host students will have opportunities to further develop their language skills and intercultural understanding
- MWSC students will have access to a range of activities with Minami SHS students
- Hosting is an experience which looks great on students’ CVs
Please complete the online Home Stay application below if you are willing to host one or two students. Applications should be lodged no later than Friday 25 August.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me on phone on 9803 6811, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for taking the time to consider this request.
Mr Les Mullins, Head of Exchange Programs
Mrs Julie Cain, Senior Campus Principal
80 40 students have a host family – 40 still waiting