Mount Waverley Secondary College is a leading state secondary co-educational school noted for the consistent academic success of its students and the dedication of its staff. Its outstanding reputation has been established by a commitment to teaching academic programs, developing traditional values, focusing on lifelong learning, instilling self discipline, encouraging leadership, nurturing the individual and maximising growth potential. We have high expectations.
Our goals are achieved through the commitment of all members of the College community. Our team is dedicated to the success of your child. Assisting students to learn effectively and to develop positive attitudes and behaviours are important complementary goals. We endeavour to provide the kind of environment that will best nurture their development and a feeling of belonging or connectedness to school. We regard most seriously the trust which parents place in us and are sensitive to the need for regular communication with parents so that we work together to prepare your child for the challenge of living and leading in the new century.
RESOURCES AND FACILITIES
- Networked computer laboratories for student access to the internet and email
- Focus on learning technologies to enhance teaching and learning
- Laptops for classroom use
- Music Performance Centres, practice and recording rooms
- VCE Study Centre
- Careers Centre
- Student Services Coordinators, School Nurses, Youth Worker, Psychologist and Social Worker
- Unicorn Theatre, a 220 seat facility
- Two gymnasiums
- Robolab computerised laboratory
- Industry accredited hospatility training facilities
- Libraries electronically linked to classrooms
- Landscaped native grounds and sports fields
- Specialist rooms for all subjects
- Historic residential property at Lower Homebush
- New building with the latest Science and IT facilities and a new canteen with adjoining cafeteria style eating area
Mount Waverley Secondary College commenced in 1964. The College operates from two adjacent sites in Stephensons Road, Mt Waverley - a Junior School (Years 7 and 8) and a Middle/Senior School comprising a Middle School (Years 9 and 10) and a Senior VCE School (Years 11 and 12).
We have an excellent reputation for providing an academic learning environment resulting in a high proportion of our students entering tertiary education institutions. The extensive curriculum provides a wide range of study options. Acceleration and extension learning is encouraged. Students may be involved in enrichment programs, the Monash University Enhancement Program, tertiary Mathematics offered by the University of Melbourne (MUPHAS) and certificated VET programs.
Students can also participate in enrichment programs such as poetry competitions, debating, mathematics competitions, National Chemistry Quiz, Science Talent Search, Young Achievers, Australian Computer Competition, Plain English Speaking Award, Ozspell and the Tournament of Minds.
We offer opportunities in a diverse range of extra-curricular activities including overseas exchange programs, instrumental music, camps and excursions, drama and musical productions, careers and work experience, sports and special interest clubs including social service, debating, the College magazine and special events such as the annual Debutante Ball, Valedictory Dinner and Presentation Night.